Monday, October 11, 2010

Red Mango, Venison, and Choo Choo's

This past Wednesday Dustin and I celebrated 3 years of marriage.  We had a great date night...steak at The Republic, yogurt at Red Mango (our newest favorite in town...sooo good!), and Wall Street at the movies!  So much fun with my sweets.

On Thursday Dustin went to Rock Springs for his bow hunting trip.  He got a doe so that we could put some meat in the deep freeze.  I do have to brag a little bit because Dustin shoots a traditional long bow and wooden arrows.  Compound bows have a huge advantage as they can be drawn way before a critter gets close enough to hear it being done.  Dustin's long bow, on the other hand, with 75 pounds of pressure (I think it's 75), has to be drawn right when ready to shoot...and this is hard to do when a skiddish animal is less than 25 yards away.  My savage did it though!! 

While Dustin was in Rock Springs, Hudson and I were in Georgetown.  We finally found a StrideRite store so that Hud could get some good shoes.  Lakeline Mall has so many neat things for kids!!  Of course, Hudson had to ride the choo choo, and he grinned from ear to ear the whole time.

No comments: